Artists: Tymek Bryndal, Piotr Marzec, Agnieszka Mastalerz, Michał Szaranowicz, Weronika Wysocka
Title: Below Zero
Curator: Anna Königová
Venue: Industra Art Space, Brno, Czech Republic
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘮 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦, 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥.
: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘳 :
𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦. 𝘓𝘦𝘵’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵.
: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘬 <𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨> :
𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴.
– born in 1992 on the outskirts of Toronto. He lives and works in Warsaw. He currently works as an assistant in the Studio of Spatial Activities of Prof. Mirosław Bałka. Winner of an artistic scholarship of the capital city of Warsaw. In his work he uses graphics, video, sculpture and performance. Recently, he is passionate about space. Musician permanently associated, among others with the bands Pokusa and ABBBA. Author of music for theater performances.
– born 1993, works with painting, slam poetry, and comics. Author of self-published books: „Stendhal Syndrome” (2018) – a silent comic about
a non-speaking-in-foreign-language tourist; „Black Pollen” (2019)
a graphic essay about plants, love, and violence. Currently, he s working on a project „Sweet-Ass Dude Like Us” that touches upon the topic of boys’ sensitivity. He uses storytelling as a method of control for his surroundings.
– born 1991, while working mainly with video, installation,
and performance, focuses on mechanisms of control and processes influencing and exploiting an individual. She uses her poetic visual language to analyse restrictive rules established within intimate relationships, communities, states, or companies, and towards natural environment. Student of Candice Breitz and Eli Cortiñas at Hochschule für Bildende Künste in Braunschweig (DAAD scholarship for 2019/20), guest by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin at the HFBK in Hamburg (2017/18). Her works were presented in Palazzo Strozzi in Florence, Starak Family Foundation in Warsaw (2019), Deichtorhallen in Hamburg, Fondation Hippocrène in Paris (2018), Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw (2017).
– born 1992, visual artist working with performance, photography, and video. He tries to capture the relations between individual’s mind and the surrounding space, what can be found i.a. in „Amok/laufer” or „Homework”. Participated in a student exchange at the Akademie der Bildenden Künste München (2017/18) and was assistant of a set designer Tomek Kowalski on a film set „Hura, we’re still alive!” directed by Agnieszka Polska. His works were presented in Lou and Louis Gallery in Munich, Starak Family Foundation in Warsaw (2019), Fondation Hippocrène in Paris, HFBK in Hamburg (2018), Academy of Art in Szczecin, Zachęta National Gallery in Warsaw (2017) and Otwock Studio (2016).
– born 1994, works with video, performance, installation and object making. She participated in a student exchange at the Universität der Künste in Berlin (2015) and the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design in Jerusalem (2018). In her artistic practice, she is focused on different aspects of human imprints, especially technology and it’s impacts on people and nature. The initiator of the artistic residency for young artists, Turnus Słupsk, founder and curator of end-less program. Since 2019 she leads workshop program NARRATION STRATEGIES at Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. Her works have been presented in Zachęta National Gallery of Art, Tokyo Photographic Art Museum (2019), lokal_30 (2018) and Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw (2017).